How Far Along? 37 weeks! My doctor says that birthing her anytime after this point is great and that we are officially in the clear of having a premature birth.
Gender? A SWEET LITTLE GIRL!!!! (if ya haven’t heard already)
Name? Emmett June Kaase
Nicknames? Emmy, EJ, Junebug, Em, Emmett June
Effacement/Dilated? My doc checked my cervix a week and a half ago and I was 50% effaced and about 1 centimeter dilated.
How Often Are the Doctor Visits? Every week! He will check my cervix again this week.
Size? She’s snug as a bug in my belly and about 6 pounds and 4 ounces according to their predictions. Our doctor is thinking that she will be about 8 and a half pounds if we make it to 40 weeks.
Movement? She is constantly on my right side and still moving around multiple times a day!
Body Changes? Oh gosh – achey pelvis? CHECK! Uncomfortable hips? CHECK! Snail trail? CHECK! Uncontrollable bladder? CHECK! Exhaustion? CHECK!
Emotions? Constantly saying to myself, “did they not notice I am pregnant??!” and smiling through everything.
Total Weight Gain? Fifty whole pounds & guess what??? I am NOT worried about it because sometimes you just have to let go and let God.
Pregnancy Must Haves?
Cravings? The new thing is blended everything – coffee, snow cones, smoothies. Oh and still raspberries and lime popsicles!
Fitness? I am all about rest now. I’m not working anymore so I want to get out and walk every day with the pups just to keep moving, BUT I am all about rest now. If I’m home, then I’m just trying to be as comfortable as possible. Sometimes that means stretching, sometimes that means sitting in the nursery to do laundry and sometimes that even means going to sleep for 12 hours.
Hospital Bag? I have packed the hospital bag, which will probably relieve some of my friends since they were convinced that I wouldn’t have anything ready for the most important trip of my life.
*Scroll down for my packing list of EVERYTHING in my hospital bag*
Nursery? Done and pictures are coming soon!
Registry? This has been long done, but I recently did a post on my top items, which you can find here.
How Are the Dogs? My oldest has been extremely needy! I am pretty sure she knows that there is something – not necessarily a baby – coming. My younger puppy is about as observant as a log of wood so I don’t think she knows that a baby is coming, but I will say that she is super cuddly!
HOSPITAL BAG PACKING LIST
- Car Seat: Evenflo Infant Car Seat (ours came with our Evenflo travel system)
- Folder With paperwork
- Diaper bag filled with diapers, wipes, baby blanket and coming home outfit
- 3 pairs of bottoms: Loose Ribbed Pink Pajama Bottoms / Striped Pajama Bottoms / Grey Shorts
- 3 tops: Grey Long-Sleeve Button-Up Top
- 2 nightgowns: Light Grey Button-Down Nightgown
- Robe: Grey Robe
- 1 nursing bra: Medela Nursing Bra
- 2 Pairs of socks: Crew Socks with Fun Sayings
- Granny panties
- House shoes
- Nursing pillow: Boppy Nursing Pillow
- Nursing pads: Lansinoh Ultimate Protection Nursing Pads
- Towel from home
- Essential oils: I’m bringing lavender and cypress per suggestion
- Toothbrush & toothpaste: Travel Set
- Cotton swabs: Travel Q-tips
- Shampoo and conditioner: Travel Sized Pantene Shampoo and Travel Sized Treseme Conditioner
- Face wash: St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub
- Makeup wipes: Neutrogena Makeup Wipes
- Lotion: Choose your favorite!
- Loofa: I just got one for about $1 at the grocery store!
- Mouth wash: Travel Listerine
- Dry shampoo: Dove Dry Shampoo
- Lady wipes: Simply Summer’s Eve Cucumber Cloths
- Pads: Chlorine Free Ultra Thing Pads
- Cooling pads: Tucks Cooling Hemorrhoid Pads
- Lip balm: Burt’s Bees Cucumber Mint Lip Balm
- Curler: Conair Curler
- Straightener: I have had this one for years!
- Brush: Conair Soft Brush
- Hair dryer: Hot Shot Tools Hair Dryer
- Deodorant: Schmidt’s Rose + Vanilla Deodorant
- Makeup bag
- Ponytail holders
- Personal pillow
- Phone: I have an iPhone 8+, which takes GREAT pics!
- Camera: We recently bought an Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Mirrorless Digital Camera with 14-42mm for even better quality photos.
- Phone charger: 6-Foot Charger
- Camera charger: I have the one that came with my camera!
- Lactation cookies: Booby Boons Lactation Cookies
- Snacks: Anything you love!
- Coins for the vending machine
Bumps to Babies
Congrats on pregnancy. Check out our blog for moms and moms to be and join our community and conversations. Would love to hear your thoughts and advice you can share with other ladies. Comment on some of our various topics we have up and under older posts ☺️