RAISING KIDS IS BITTERSWEET
WACKADOO, EMMETT IS 2!! This weekend we got to celebrate our sweet baby girl, Emmett June, with a Bluey birthday party! *cue mixed emotions* I’m so happy to celebrate her. That’s obvious – especially since she grew from a helpless newborn to wannabe-independent toddler before my eyes. I’ve been there for the firsts – crawling, standing, squatting, standing followed by squatting followed by standing, walking, jibber-jabbering, running, talking and so many more. Watching a child grow is an amazing thing and the biggest blessing I’ve experienced.
On the other hand though, this season is fleeting and that makes my heart break a little. Every day I catch myself saying “when did she learn that?” and I’m in constant shock at how quickly she’s growing. The whole “time is a thief” is something many parents told me before having kids but a lesson that didn’t sink in until I learned the harsh reality of it. These little sweet humans are only meant to be little (and under our roof for that matter) for a short while. They grow. They learn. They leave. That’s life. In between those, there are a million memories that we get to make and tons of love we get to give.
For her 2nd birthday, we went with a Bluey theme to commemorate this season of obsessing over Bluey and other Disney Junior cartoons. I LOVE HOW IT TURNED OUT! It 100% wouldn’t have come together the way it did without my family’s help – THANK Y’ALL! Scroll down for pictures and waaaaaaay down for party details!
- 8-foot balloon garland by Glamfetti. Tiffany killed it and I loved our custom design! If you’re local, you can request it to be premade and pick it up!
- Balloons EVERYWHERE. We actually blew these up with helium the night before but they sank before the party. So, we simply decided to throw them in the playroom to cover the floor and that ended up working great!
- A “HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMETT” sign that I had from last year. HACK: buy one that’s neutral colored so you can use it year after year.
- Bluey cupcake toppers from Etsy
- 200 nuggets from Chick-Fil-A
- Large macaroni and cheese platter from Chick-Fil-A
- Bunny bait. HOW TO MAKE: combine a large bag of popped popcorn and half of a large bag of pretzels in a bowl. Toss half of a box of candy coating on that. Lay popcorn/pretzel mix in a single layer on a pan. For the second half of the candy coating box, I dyed one half of it orange and the other half of it blue. Drizzle those on the mix in the pan. Sprinkle a bag of chocolate M&M’s (during Easter there’s the pretty pastel ones for sale). Add sprinkles on top. Let it dry then break it apart and serve.
- Fruit platter
- Cream cheese and jam dip with Triscuit crackers
- Mini waters
- Capri Sun
- Crawford Boch
- White Claws
- $1 bags from Target
- Wind-up cars from Target
- Punching balloons from Target
- Starburst and Skittles
- Custom book that contain Bluey games! A template is below – simply print each page on 8×11″, cut along the red dotted lines, punch a hole at the top corner, tie with twine and voilà! You can find more Bluey games and activities here!
- Sidewalk chalk
- Swing set – this was a present from our family! We got ours from Tree Frogs Swingsets!
- Playroom toys
Thanks for reading! Have a great night, y’all!