Hi, y’all! A couple days ago I asked you to vote for the next blog post and you chose workwear so HERE WE ARE! I’ve rounded up my picks for fall workwear and *most* are Texas friendly. Meaning you won’t completely sweat through them… only a bit 😉
I’m sharing a LOT (scroll down for the whole shebang) but here is a list of the best of the best that are either loved by yours truly, suggested by y’all or loved by many (aka they have bomb reviews).
- CAMIS: I am crazy about these Walmart tanks! They come in lots of colors, are easy to tuck, have stretch and can be layered or worn by themselves outside of work. YES, YES, AND YESSSS! Did I mention a pack of 5 is less than $15?!!
- BODYSUITS: The Abercrombie seamless bodysuits are a favorite of many. They fit like a glove and go on sale frequently.
- SHAPEWEAR: The Spanx high-waisted shorts are a best-seller in shapewear and I’m sure you’ve all heard why. They have compression that gives women a smooth hourglass shape under dresses, pants and skirts!
- BUTTON-UP: This gauze button-up from J.Crew has over 40 reviews with 4.5/5 stars and I can tell why. It’s lightweight and versatile enough to layer under a blazer then throw on with jeans for a casual look. Gauze is also a great material to handle the Texas heat!
- MOCKNECK TOP: Over 200 people are in love with this soft, stretchy long-sleeve. This is a great piece to have because it’s lightweight to wear now but can also be easily layered during cooler months. Umm… AND IT’S ONLY $13!
- BLAZER: Hellooooo fitted blazer loved by many! This H&M blazer is flattering, comes in black, navy and grey and is only $35. Tip from consumers: size up.
- CARDIGANS: This Barefoot Dreams cardigan is a fan favorite. I have (and love!) one of their blankets so I can only imagine how comfortable this cardigan is. It’s a great splurge for some self-care at the office! 😉 If the price isn’t your jam, this $20 cardigan from H&M also has amazing reviews with lots of people loving it!
- LEGGINGS: The Spanx Faux Leather Leggings are one of my fall favorites for dressing up. They’re flattering, compress you and are great quality! For the office, layer them with a longer button-up (*ahem* the gauze one above would be perfect!) and pair with your favorite office shoes for a chic look.
- PANTS: Okaaaaay these Gap Skinny Pants have a cult following and they frequently show up on sale!
- DRESSES: There are so many good dresses on the list but I’m going to call out this super professional little black dress. It has great reviews, is flattering yet professional and has a trendy touch with the puff sleeves. Every
workingwoman needs something like this in the closet!
- BAGS: This triple compartment Target bag is great if you need something to “hold it all”, this Calpak laptop backpack is chic and functional and this Longchamp bag has is a fan favorite as an everyday tote!
Lastly, here is a list of suggested scrubs from my IG girls for all of my folks in the medical field!
Scroll down to shop my fall workwear picks by item type! There is a mix of splurge and affordable pieces that can be mixed and matched for any office look! I hope y’all enjoy and find inspiration for your fall wardrobe update 🙂